I’ve now posted working drafts of three chapters of the Common Draft annotated contract form book. I’d be very grateful for feedback in the comments below about the following:
- Symbology: What do you think of the colored-triangle symbols used in the Definitions chapter, such as ▲ and ▼, to indicate how controversial a clause is likely to be?
- Format: Which of the following document structures do you prefer?
- The linear format used in the Definitions chapter, in which commentary is set out immediately following each clause, with a separate table of contents at the beginning; or
- Footnotes with clickable links, along with a separate table of contents at the beginning, as used in the General provisions chapter; or
- Collapsible clauses and commentary, in which the collapsed headings can serve as the table of contents, as used in the Confidential information chapter.
Please post your opinion in the comments below. Thanks in advance!