≡ Menu

Feed footer problem solved – URL was wrong

I spent a good bit of yesterday trying to track down why the feed for this blog ran the paragraphs together and didn’t include footer text.

The W3C feed validator threw an error message that included “xmlParseEntityRef: no name.” So I did a Google search for that error message.

The search results initially made me think the site had been hacked, as explained in this article. But I didn’t see any additional administrators in the WordPress admin area.

Then I got to wondering whether my feed URL was correct. I’d been using www.ontechnology.com/feed/rss/ as the feed URL. I stripped the /rss off the end. The new feed URL was www.ontechnology.com/feed/. That seems to have solved the problems.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.